Financial Services Development Programme – Azerpost State Enterprise
Financial Access was mandated by the World Bank under the Financial Sector Development Programme to provide assistance to the Azeri Post (Azerpost) with the introduction of basic nationwide financial services to be delivered through the postal network.
Elements of the project include:
- Organisational review and assistance to Azerpost with a large-scale reorganization of the Head Office and network structure for both postal and financial services as well as logistics and network management functions;
- Assistance with the development of the HR and strategic planning capabilities;
- Assistance with the introduction of financial management and MIS procedure in accordance with international best practices;
- Training and development of sales and marketing staff;
- Develop the technical requirements for IT systems procurement in order to support the roll-out of postal financial services nationwide.
Institutional Capacity Develeopment – RabitaBank
Financial Access reviewed the organisational structure, management, staffing and strategy of the bank on behalf of IFC, with special attention to the following areas:
- Strategic planning;
- Product development for SME lending;
- Risk management organisation and procedures;
- Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Financial control.
- Furthermore, Financial Access also provided interim management support to allow the bank to successfully and timely complete the restructuring plan.
Management Support and Technical Assistance – United Universal Joint Stock Bank (now Kapital Bank)
Under a World Bank funded programme, we were mandated to assist United Universal Joint Stock Bank (now Kapital Bank) management to establish an effective operational and financial control processes and procedures and prepare the bank for eventual privatisation.
Our responsibilities included:
- Improvement of strategies and operating procedures for the bank in all areas;
- Development and implementation of a staff knowledge enhancement and training programme;
- Preparation of a road map for eventual privalisation of the bank.