Poland – Privatisation of Telekomunikacja Polska
This is the sale of 35% stake in Telekomunikacja Polska SA, Poland’s largest company, by the Government of Poland to France Telecom and the Polish conglomerate, Kulczyk Holding, for USD 4.3 billion. This sale represented the largest transaction to date in Polish privatisation history. The proceeds constituted almost 15% of the total Polish state budget revenues for 2000.
We advised the Polish government at all stages of this complex transaction. Our role included structuring the deal, providing strategic advice and negotiation, and the management of the process including discussions with the trade unions. We also assisted in shaping the Polish regulatory regime including introduction of the new Telecommunications Law, aimed at reconciling the liberalization process and preserving TP’s value.
Development of retail financial services – A Commercial Bank
We were mandated to develop the retail and SME operations for a Polish Commercial Bank in order to create value through balanced growth as Integrated Financial Services Provider. The experts were also to implement a multi-channel concept – Click-Call-Face, expand the distribution channels , introduce customer base management, and integrate the processing and operation as to decrease the costs and better control the business continuity planning.
Our tasks were to:
- Develop products for small business, including product bundles (for cross-selling): standardised credit products (e.g. working capital, investment credit, overdraft, company car loans) focused on the person as individual and/or small business owner for the purpose of cross and deep- selling
- Develop products for the mass market (e.g. revolving loans, cash loans, car credit, home improvement credit), including product bundles
- Develop products for personal and private bankingRegarding the small business and retail services the follow-up implementation included:
- Management of the products, standardisation and simplification of processes and decreasing manual work
- Implementation of a credit risk management system, allowing amongst others standardisation of the credit approval process
- Introduction of the above products including marketing, customer loyalty programmes, etc.
- Introduction of Cards (also Visa)